Thursday, December 18, 2008

Entering the 21st century... almost 9 years too late

So, I'm gonna try this blog thing out.  I can't guarantee that I will be any good at this; it sometimes takes me weeks just to check my email.  I think I am inspired to do this, however, for one, by the many friends I have who, without blogs, I would have no idea what was going on in their lives, and two, I'm kinda proud of my cute kids and awesome husband and I like to show them off. :)  So here goes...

LIfe has sure been in fast forward the last few months.  Here we are, less than a week away from Christmas already.  This week I celebrated, not only, Gabe's second birthday (which was easier to handle than the first, but still made me feel old)  but also, GiGi's 6 month "birthday."  They are growing up so fast! 

 On Sunday, we had a party for Gabe and I was so proud of him!  He played, shared, ate cake and was generally a super happy kid!  We are so blessed to have such a great family and SOOO many amazing friends; he was truly spoiled by everyone!  It was so fun to have all the kids there.  I am thrilled that so many of my friends have wonderful kids that, not only, do I like to have my children around because they are such great kids, but that I am also able to ask lots of parenting questions of my friends because I truly respect them and their opinions so much!


Top: G.  Middle: Mason, G, Eva Bottom: Julian

We also woke up Sunday to the first snow of the season!  I love Bonney Lake because it always gets just a little bit more than the other areas.  I was surprised to leave the hill and realize that the valley had none!  It was also unusually cold all this week, which I don't mind either, as long as I don't have to drive my babies around in it!  It's been fun, today, watching Gabe run to the window every ten minutes and say "Cool!" or "WOOOOWWW!" with as much enthusiasm as the first time.  As I speak, my crazy, overgrown child of a husband is planning a massive sledding adventure with a handful of our great friends.

Backtracking just a little... Yesterday was G's actual birthday and I was absolutely thrilled that Christia and the boys were able to join us for lunch!  I have missed them so much, but it's crazy how, together again, it's like no time has passed (except for how much the little babies have grown!... 5 months is along time for the under 1 crowd).  I was slightly worried that Gabe, being a few months younger than Julian, wouldn't quite remember him, but I was pleasantly surprised (as I often am) that within 30 seconds of their reunion, they were hugging each other like the best friends they are!  We had a fun, and always classy, time at Mcdonalds.  The big boys played their little hearts out and the babies held hands :)  The days are passing by too quickly while they are here... They will be gone again before we blink :(  


Possibly backtracking even farther...  A small catch-up on the peewees...

G, obviously, is two now.  He is starting to grow out of his "chubby-bubby" stage that defined him as a one year old.  He's still what I like to call "solid," but he's definitely stretching out now.  He is an animal!  100% boy!  He climbs. He jumps. He runs. He dives. He wrestles. He prefers to eat with his hands, loves the dirt, trucks and balls.  He is amazing!  I am so proud of him.  God couldn't have blessed that kid with a better heart!  He loves his "be be" and wants to hug and kiss her before either Mike or I in the mornings.  He walks around our house and finds pictures of babies (some are GiGi and some are him that he thinks are her), "dada" aka "ki-kal" (which Mike reminds me, every time, to "stop calling me Mikal in front of him!" Oops.  Anyway, he finds pictures of the baby, Mike, Auntie Cassi and Uncle Jamie, etc. and kisses them and says "awwwwww."  He's not a big talker, but he's a HUGE actor.  He mimics the characters in his movies, from facial and hand expressions to laughing and crying.  Mike and I just watch him for hours.  He is very artistic (a mother's bias), and is also FREAKISHLY coordinated.  The kid can walk 4x4's like a balance beam and jump on a bosu ball like a trampoline!  I used to freak every time he climbed onto a chair or out of his high chair, but I gave up after a while.  He has been sleeping in his big boy bed now for about 4-5 months.  He picked out Spiderman sheets (which surprised us with his obsession for Lightening McQueen) and doesn't even need bumper rails!  Potty training might not be right around the corner, but at least he loves to take baths.  He sometimes asks 2-3 times a day to take one!  I am so proud of my little man!


top: January 08  Bottom: December 08
Gianna, while not quite doing as much, understandably, is growing like a weed herself!  I love seeing more and more of her personality everyday!  She, in contrast to G, is ALL girl.  She talks all day long, flirts with anyone who will look at her and positively beams when anyone calls her "pretty."  She rolls everywhere... ends up under the Christmas tree, in the kitchen, half-way under the couch... She is also sitting up now (not getting there on her own, but staying up, unsupported for 5+ minutes at a time).  We have started her on some solid foods now and she loves them!  The only challenge is getting her to stop talking long enough to eat!  She's a kisser and a toucher and loves to play with her big brother!  Her first laughs were all because of him and she continues to light up whenever he is near!  Mike can't wait for another year from now when they are both running around at full speed, playing like crazy, but I am content to take one day at a time and cuddle my little girl for as long as she will let me.

GiGi 6mo
Christmas is sneaking up too fast on us!  For the second time in this blog, I am gonna call my husband a "overgrown child"  but it's meant with the warmest of connotations.  He simply LOVES Christmas with all of his heart and has helped to thaw my, at one time, slightly bitter self.  Christmas trees are a must and they are usually up the day after Thanksgiving, but this year it was the day before because the holiday was so late.  Decorations are also and event including an outing to pick out a few new things every year.  Christmas movies are on constantly as well as the permant tuning to 106.9 for their holiday songs.  Some of our favorite movies are "Elf," "The Grinch," and "Polar Express"  as well as grown up faves like "The Holiday" and "Love Actually."  Every year, it is a tradition (and it HAS to be after Thanksgiving)  that we watch "Polar Express" and drink hot chocolate (which, by the way, I have a Awesome recipe for homemade cocoa for adults with Bailey's Carmel or Mint)  I love my husband for his love of the holidays and even more for his love of family.  He absolutely cherishes all his family, which is gi-normous, and we have some great plans with all of them, my family too, coming up soon.  The only downfall is, like kids, we get so worked up for the holiday that we kinda have a "bluesy" time coming down from it.  I think he and I are already starting to feel the anticipation wearing off.  :)  None-the-less, we will make the best of what is to come.

So, this is WAY longer than I will usually ever be able to type, but I feel I had a duty to catch up.  I love Everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Im your first comment! So sad and sorry we missed Gabes party :( we were all sick (especially Steve and Jacob) I know Jacob would have FREAKED OUT to see the Lightning McQueen ball pit..awesome!! WE NEED to get together asap!!! Miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so happy that you have a blog! A little bummed by not being the first, or the top :) I am happy that we are BFF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! PS I think we're going to go see the movie next week? Like maybe Tuesday?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last picture of Gianna and Gabe, Gabe kinda looks like Sam a little. Just a bit chubbier. Colin's nephew who is 20 months old was super chubby as a baby and is finally thinning out. He's got the biggest head to which is super funny. :)

    ReplyDelete