Monday, March 23, 2009

Finally, some news to share.



I actually feel like I might just have something to say....

For one, my baby fever has been cured.  We brought a new addition into the family this weekend, and we are so happy!  Our yet-to-be-named little guy is a Jack Russell Terrier. He weighs in at almost 3 lbs and is 10 wks old.  He and Gabe were immediate best friends and are still in love.  GiGi, true to form, is a bit prissy and doesn't care for his exuberant kisses, but she is quickly warming to him as well.  He is very sweet and cuddly with enough JRT toughness that he can handle being carried from room to room by Gabe without complaint.  We are very happy with the little guy and potty training is going well! If only it was this easy for G!  I'll let you know when we pick a name!




Secondly, I'm in talks with my old salon to go back part time.  Typically, a lessee pays a monthly rent and is then able to work as many or as few days as they would like, making their own schedule.  When I've been asked back before, it was at the full lease rate.  Being that I'm only interested in very part time, it wasn't worth it to me when I could do, basically, the same thing from a kitchen somewhere.  But this time, they offered me an unbeatable price that would allow me work from a salon and but still be very profitable.  I am thinking of working Thursday, Friday and every other Saturday.  Those days, Mike is home to babysit, adding to his SuperDad title.  Fear not, fellow mommy-friends.  I think I will still leave a day a week to do house calls. I know how much easier it is to not have to load the kids up or set up a sitter and I enjoy being able to bring my kids along for playdates. 




2 comments:

  1. what a cute puppy! Makes me want another....but ours needs some training first so he doesn't teach it bad habits! lol ...Good luck with the salon, that'd be an awesome opportunity :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man!! That is so exciting about the salon! your puppy is cute and I really think we need to get a dog! It will cure my baby fever!

    ReplyDelete