Monday, March 30, 2009

Gigi walks and Gabe talks...kinda

Kids are so fun...most of the time!  More days than not, I question myself whether I'm doing a good job with them.  

Ok, to be honest, "them" is Gabe.  He is a TOUGH kid.  I'm sure there are other's that can compete, but he is one strong willed boy.  And, I do question if I'm doing what's right.

I am nothing, if not consistent, with my "techniques," but there are times when I falter on my ground and wonder if I should give in.  

He is notorious for throwing public temper tantrums.  I try, as hard as I can, to not worry about what other people think, but when you have your two year old thrown over your shoulder in a fireman hold while he is screaming and crying while trying to buy diapers at Target, it's hard to not glance around at the gawkers.  

Regardless  of that, I KNOW that I am trying as hard as I can, and It will be worth it.  That someday... even though it's already been 6 months... I will be able to remove the duct tape from his door because he will stay in bed when I put him down.  

On the positive side, the good times are great times and I LOVE seeing the development.  

Gigi surprised us on Friday and started walking.  I WAS NOT encouraging her.  In fact, I was hoping she would wait much, much longer, but none-the-less, she did.  

Jen and I were  sitting on the floor of her living room and Gigi just decided that she was ready and took four steps from the couch to me.  

We were shocked, and she was so proud of herself.

I didn't catch the very first time on camera, as it was so unexpected, but I did get her doing it again later that night.

(I know I have apologized for the crappy quality before, but again, I'm sorry.)


Gabe is not the horrible kid that I often make her out to be.  He is, 90% of the time, a fun, happy boy.  I believe, he is  simply 100% Mikal's clone.  

Most of his talking is a little more clear than this...  


Little Einstein's is his one of his favorite shows and he "sings" this song to us ALL day long (as well as the others). He usually gets a few more of the attempted lyrics in there...  

His other favorite show is "Handy Manny" and that was what we decided to name the puppy, Manny.  After four days of asking Gabe what he wanted to name him, to which his reply was, "cars."  We finally settled on Manny and Gabe loves it!




1 comment:

  1. Oh man! I can't belive Gigi! She is so cute, and looks waaay too tiny to be walking!

    And yay Gabe for loving Little Einsteins! Once you get all moved, I'll send you a Little Einsteins CD, its one I've listened to, literally, countless times!

    ReplyDelete