Sunday, December 13, 2009

Keeping the season alive...

I've never really seen Christmas through the eyes of a child... until now... and, wow, how amazing it really is. I have never enjoyed the season as much as I do right now.

For the first time, Gabe is really into Christmas. I mean, REALLY INTO CHRISTMAS. It has been such a joy. We watch Christmas movies on a loop. "The doggy movie" ("The Grinch" (he loves Max)), "The Choo Choo Movie" ("Polar Express"), "Frosty," "Santa"....the list goes on.

(They NEEDED "tickets" for the "Choo Choo Movie")

Gabe also LOVES our trees. He takes EVERY SINGLE PERSON who comes in to see them. "Come see Christmas! Come on! Christmas, this way..." He is so awesome.

(We came upstairs to find Gabe asleep here...)
(looking facing through the railings....)
(...right at our Christmas tree)
Mike and I have started taking the kids "Christmas Lighting," as well. We bundle the kids up, grab some cocoa, drive around town and point at houses. The kids' enthusiasm levels NEVER drop. 30 minutes later, Gigi is still exclaiming, "WOOOOW! PRETTY! COOL! YELLOW! BLUE!" And, Gabe is squealing, "LOOK, MOM! CHRISTMAS! SEE CHRISTMAS?! SEE SANTA?! MORE CHRISTMAS, MOM!" It's an absolute blast.

I hope every year is this exciting.


This is just an audio clip, but you get the idea.

1 comment:

  1. "ohhhh my gooooodness" was my favorite part of one of the posts. But I was going to tell you that there is a house down our street if you keep going that literally looks like a gingerbread house. It is that sweet, lots of lights! That is, if you are ever downtown! :)

    ReplyDelete