Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Wow. 2009, where did you go?

Christmas was awesome this year; my husband spoiled me and my kids are amazing... all the typical blog gushing. We had an amazing season- a great end to a great year, with the exception of the very untimely and unexpected passing of my wonderful sister in law, Shelby's, mom this last week. My heart goes out to Shelby, my brother, Sam, and all the the Ratto family.

This next year promises to bring lots of excitement. Aside from the everyday miracles in watching my own children grow, the coming year has blessings around every turn. Gabe and Gigi are expecting their first AND second cousin this April. Two of Mike's sisters, Cassi (expecting a boy) and Kelsie (expecting a girl) are due within two days of each other. It's an exciting and emotional time for the whole family. There are also the weddings of my TWO best friends this year. Mariah and Travis are getting hitched in May, and Jen is eagerly awaiting the return home of her husband, Justin, so they can have their wedding ceremony in November.

On the down side, I'm fat. I need to get my chubby butt in good shape for all these weddings I'm in. I hate being out of shape. I feel better when I exercise and my clothes fit... but I REALLY HATE making new years resolutions. They never mean anything to people... most people quit the first day and the rest within the first month. Regardless, I WILL start exercising. My wonderful husband bought me the most wonderful gift ever: a new stroller! I've needed and wanted one since Gigi was born, 18 months ago! But, I'm not doing this because it's a New Years Resolution, instead, because I've always loved to walk and run... I just took a 6 month break, now I'm back, and, hopefully, my back will be back.... or something like that...

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I love you Carly! I need to start doing something too, I miss our walks SO much!

    ReplyDelete